Bird Seed Sale: Our annual seed sale of this-year’s crop of high-quality seed is the Club’s main fundraiser. Proceeds provide funding for speakers at monthly meetings, local conservation projects, and support for many other conservation organizations that benefit birds and nature.
On Saturday November 13 a fantastic crew of volunteers helped load birdseed for our purchasers. The new venue at the Rockingham Fairgrounds turned out to be an excellent option and is probably the start of a new tradition. My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the following:
- Audrey Shenk, who makes all numerical and technical aspects of the sale look easy!
- Winona Scott, our sales rep at BFG who actually gave us the idea for using the fairgrounds on our distribution day.
- Tyronne and Heidi at the fairgrounds, for their help with the signs and the facilities.
- Our team of volunteers, Karen & Everette Shank, Annie Shank, Ruth Shank, Audrey Shenk, Judi Breeden, Art Fovargue, Tim Hullings, Kathy Kaeli and Debbie Harrison.
- Annie Shank, who somehow manages to make 200+ suet cakes while taking care of small children, makes homemade cookies for the volunteers, and is still willing to help for four hours on Pick-up Day!
- Joe and Ruth Shank who donated the cornmeal for the suet cakes.
- And finally, all the folks who supported the club by purchasing seed.
Thank you all so much,